Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Plagiarists Beware!

Hello friends!  I realize that it's been some time since I last posted, but that crazy thing called life has distracted me from my duties.  I will attempt to post on a semi-regular basis in the near future, if at all possible.

Now, on to the topic at hand.
The following is a warning to any of you who think it's a good idea to steal other people's work.  Currently, I have had my own fiction published free of charge, but this doesn't mean I value it any less.  If you want to write, I can provide help and guidance, but I will not tolerate stealing the ideas of others.  Thus far, I have not yet found any evidence of copyright infringement on my work.  If I ever do, this is what will happen:  first, I will politely but firmly warn you, and ask you to remove it.  If this is not done, I will find a lawyer, and we will nail your ass to the wall.
Understood?  Good.
Protect your work, fellow writers.  It's your duty to your characters, and yourself.

3 comments:

  1. I have put a "copyright" on my blog, but would it really stop people from stealing original poetry and things like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Thieves are the worst. I'm glad you haven't had it happen yet, though! Fingers crossed that you don't, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just threaten to mail cobras and rattlesnakes to their house.

    It tends to work.

    ReplyDelete