Wednesday, November 16, 2011

KROD: Anniversary Edition!!!

That's right, I used three exclamation marks because it's just that big of a deal!  This month is the one year anniversary of the Karaoke Ring Of Death, and I've been glad to be a part of it from (almost) the beginning.  At this point, I'd like to give a big shout-out to Sara, who invented this crazy thing we love.
Anyway, in respect to the first edition of KROD, the theme for this month is 90s songs.  I am happy to be hosting the always lovely Kanriah, of One Red Wall.  Applause, applause!

Hey all, Kanriah here. I'm sure David already described the awesome that's going to be going down among us #KROD participants, so I won't go into all that. But what I have to say is that picking one 90s song was so Hard. I thought about Ghetto Superstar, cause my sister and I used to sing that song like we were totally cool. Then I thought about Kryptonite cause I still love that song and it goes on my playlists with Josephine (which was a 2000 song so out of the running). I thought I was definitely doing As Long As You Love Me and sharing some of the Wonderful that was the Backstreet Boys. A song I still know by heart and I listened to a few times. Or a few millions, who counts these things? Then I stumbled across this song on a 90s playlist. And I played it and danced around in my seat and got really into it. So clearly, I had to do this one. It's fun. And it was Important. Really. 

By the way... sorry if the sound is unfriendly, I'm not sure if it's my webcam doing bad or my speakers telling me bad things. Now I hope you all recognize how Fantastic this song was (is?) and want to bounce around in your seats and sing along too. Because that's what this song is For.



Wasn't she great, folks?  Now, if you want to hear me sing a song by my favourite band ever, head on over to Katie's blog at http://www.strugglingsingletwentysomething.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Oh my I almost forgot about this song! Thank you for bringing it back into my life ! You got some swagger !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I hadn't thought of this song in years! They always used to play it at my high school dances! Awesome video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I cant believe you were all worried someone was going to steal your song. You are the only one fly enough to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I was hoping to remind people of the awesome that was this song.

    No idea why youtube decided to delay the sound (video on my computer doesn't have that problem) But whatev. It was still fun.

    And thanks for saying I'm fly and have swagger. Totally made me laugh and made my night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked that, Kan! Thanks for taking me back to the eighth grade :)

    ReplyDelete