NaNoWriMo is upon us once again, and I have a very good feeling about this story. I'm already ahead on my word count, (although that could change quickly) and I'm having fun figuring out what might happen next. I'm trying to pace myself in terms of writing, just so I don't run out of ideas too quickly. Hopefully I've got enough in the tank to make it to 50k this year, but in the end, I think it's as much about the journey as the destination. Last year was my first time, and I learned a whole lot about writing just by having to do it every day. Of course, I ended up stopping eventually, but that's besides the point. For the time being, I'm allowing myself to screw around and let the ideas percolate in my brain. Hopefully this early slacking doesn't cost me somewhere down the line, but I'm sure you will all be entertained by me cursing myself later, when I'm in panic mode.
For those curious about the actual content of my story, I'm titling it Jumpsuit, and it concerns the life of Dan Clark. He's an average guy who works for one of the world's supercriminals testing weapons. One day, he's alerted that one of his co-workers is a spy, and that's when things get complicated...
No comments:
Post a Comment