This morning, I was rudely awakened by a fire alarm. Unfortunately, this is a rather routine event in my building. It's an older place, and the alarm system acts a little screwy every once in a while. Anyway, as I stood in the cold in my housecoat, waiting for the firemen to arrive, I realized that it was kind of ironic. In my novel, I just wrote an event requiring alarms. I hate to be so spare on details, but I don't want to give anything away until the whole thing's finished. Of course, I wouldn't be averse to leaving an excerpt here, if there's a demand for it.
The story has been progressing, and I think I'm finding my second wind, which is a welcome change. This time last year, I'd just about given up on my story, and wanted to die. (ironically, that story dealt with death quite a bit) Also, I've happily found a further use for a minor character I thought would be discarded. The life of Petey the gorilla will continue!
No comments:
Post a Comment