Monday, November 7, 2011

The NaNo Logs - Vol. 1, Chapter 3

So, because technology is acting up, I'm going to the traditional format for this post.
It's now day 7 of NaNo, and things are getting...interesting.  One the good side, I hit 10k the other day (woop!) and the story has produced a few good scenes so far.
On the other hand, I'm concerned about how long I can keep this up, and am also going through various mood swings whenever I think about the story.  This could be just the change of the seasons, or maybe even just me, but I suspect that this horrible, ugly beast of a story could have some hand in things.
Also:  AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!  It's only the first week...
But overall, I'm trying to keep positive, and just hammer things out.  I now have a much greater appreciation for the various things I've read about the pain and difficulty of writing.  I can now say for a fact that it's all true, but if a good story is the end product, so be it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! You're my only friend on nanowrimo that isn't seriously slacking on the word count. :) Plus your story sounds like it could be interesting. I do feel your pain though. I'm sticking with it because I want the scrivener program; so you and scrivener are my only motivation. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad I'm being some use to someone!
    I was frustrated before, but I think I'm getting a second wind now. It seems my synopsis could use a little updating, but I guess I'll get to that once I figure out how to condense things into a decent blurb. I'm glad you have an interest, but there's much more to the story than you might think!

    ReplyDelete