Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be celebrating a NaNo win this year. At this point, I should be at roughly 45k for words, but I'm still sitting at barely 40. Around the time of my last post (in which I decided to do no writing for the day) I think I hit something of a wall in terms of writing. It became something of a creative struggle to continue my story, and it was a struggle just to get down even 500 words or so. I suppose I could power through things and bang something out in an all-nighter writing session, but my heart just isn't in this anymore. Perhaps this happens with a lot of other NaNo writers in their first attempt, so maybe it's not as bad as it all seems. In any case, I think with enough time away from the story, I can come back to it and find the good parts and make something useful out of it in the end.
Just to be extra clear about this: I have not given up. I just didn't make it this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment