Well, we're just about at the halfway point now, and...I'm a little bit behind.
It's been getting tougher to get all the words out lately. I still like my story, but the ability to keep things going plotwise is something akin to carving a statue with a toothpick. I want to do more, and perhaps I should, but I just can't summon up the enthusiasm I had for it in week one.
Also, my mind has been very distracted by other things. For instance, I had a dynamite idea for what will hopefully be next years NaNo project (if I'm crazy enough to do this again), and I feel like I would have a lot more fun writing that than the story I've already committed to. As well as that, there are a number of unfinished side-projects I want to work on, but haven't found the time for. I can't really do anything with those because I should be writing instead of messing around. Add to that the distractions of the internet, and you get the picture. Despite all this, I am making sure I write something every day, even if it is only a measly 1000 words. I'll probably try to do a power writing session at some point so I can get ahead again, but I'm starting to doubt my ability to follow through on this.
How are the rest of you NaNo writers doing?
Well, if you ever glance at your writing buddies, then you know I'm struggling to keep up as well. I'm still managing...4,000 words isn't too hard to catch up, right!? I'm also half way through and my main characters haven't even started their quest yet. LOL. The simple reason is that I haven't yet thought out the whole quest part, and so I spent extra time on filling out the background stories. They are about to learn their quest though, and I have rough ideas of what they will encounter. On a side note, I'm reading blogs instead of writing...if that's any indication of my motivation. OH, and don't give up because you are my only writing buddy that I think will finish!
ReplyDelete